Saving’s with LED’s
LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are the brightest and most efficient lights on the market. LEDs put out up to 80-120 lumens per watt (Lm/W), and that, together with their ability to provide a more precise light dis up to 60-80% of tribution, can reduce your lighting power consumption by up to 60-80%.
Can you or your company really afford not to update to energy efficient LED Lighting? Some companies base their decision solely on ROI (return on investment) payback periods, not realizing all the other costs that would be driven down or eliminated by converting to LED lighting.
A Marathon of Saving
It’s not just a sprint to ROI (return on investment), it is a marathon of savings that include dramatically lower lighting bills, significantly reduced maintenance costs, reduced CO2 emissions and environmental sustainability. All this and BETTER LIGHTING too!
Always remember, the more lights you have and higher electricity usage you have, the more money and emissions you can save per year. Once installed, these savings will guarantee an increase in your bottom-line profit and significantly reduce carbon emissions.
For more information please visit: Compare LED lighting with other light sources
Start your own ROI Marathon
For more site-specific calculations and light distribution planning please feel free to contact us and we will calculate for your business everything from power savings, payback and emission savings, free of charge.
For more information please contact us.
LED lighting can bring you savings in many different ways:
1. Save Money by Reducing Consumption
- A typical conversion from metal halide, high pressure sodium or mercury vapour lighting to an equivalent LED light sees immediate savings of 60% or more on your lighting bills.
2. Save Money by Reducing Maintenance Costs
- Many of our industrial and commercial LED lighting products have life spans of 30 000 – 100,000 hours or more. Bulb and ballast replacement will become a thing of the past especially in places where access is difficult.
- With such a long life span LEDs virtually eliminate all maintenance and replacement costs and you don’t need to call an expensive electrician regularly to fix lights which have failed.
3. Power lines saving
- LED lights can save you up to 80% of all lighting consumption and therefore can greatly drop your peak electricity demand in high power consumption periods, which determine the size (and therefore cost) of your KVA connection. A lot of companies use a generator to drop their grid power demand in peak periods and thus get cheaper lines charges. Installing LEDs offers an alternative, and probably cheaper, way of achieving the same thing.
4. CO2 emission savings
- The New Zealand average emissions coefficient is 0.167kg CO2 per kWh. That means that for each kilowatt-hour of electricity generated 0.167kg of carbon dioxide will be emitted into the atmosphere. This ratio is low by international standards (see Table 3.5) but still offers a potential for meeting future emissions reduction commitments.